Friday, January 23, 2009

woo hoo

What a crazy few days I have had! I taught two classes on Wednesday, and attended a feedback session (I practiced Vinyasa while another teacher training grad taught the class). I was feeling energized but a little tried. A few days ago I was moping about missing my frequent Ashtanga practices. I realized how much I like it and needed to find some classes. So I have a makeup session for my teacher training yesterday, not knowing what to expect and having no expectations I settle in on my mat. Johnnie took us through the Primary series of Ashtanga (yoga chikitsa or yoga therapy). I was used to the short form and was pleasantly surprised by this expanded offering. Ask and you shall receive! I feel really good in a sore muscle way, like I worked every muscle to it's max and then some. Toward the end I felt a buzzing, vibrating sensation over my body. Yoga therapy produces this sensation. It was really cool. I can honestly say that I will study yoga and practice till I am really old and I will still not know it all. There is this sense of wonder and complete humility as I find the deepest gratitude for having the chance to learn and be part of something so good!

A group of my TT friends are going to a conference in May, so we can all immerse ourselves in a little TLC yoga style (3 two hour long classes a day, for 3 days in a row). I can't wait!~

I went to Costco today and got a copy of Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy, the illustrations show the muscle groups that are utilized during poses. It was $11.99. Check it out!

No comments: