Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 new studio experiences in 2 days

So, as I wearily attempt to find a studio to practice at that is a little closer than the Center; I have taken two classes at local studios yesterday and today. I really enjoy the classes at the Center but the distance is logistically prohibitive to support on a daily basis (40 minute drive). In addition to a 40 minute commute, one has to plan to get to class at least 10 minutes early (15 for busy classes), so we're looking at at least 2 1/2 hours for a class. Not going to happen. I went to Evolve in Canton, Carrie taught a Basic class. It was nice and the space is good but the class selections are as such that many overlap when I teach so my choices are really limited. The Plymouth Yoga Room just opened and could be a "twin" for the Center. They did a beautiful job on the decor, the Vinyasa class was nice. I will go back to check out Brent's class in a day or two. I don't really "need" a teacher, just the proper environment to practice at. It's hard to explain but a home practice is not the same as the energy that a group develops. My meditation and practice are developing deeper connections and I want to continue to grow. I want to try the "flying" yoga on State Street in Ann Arbor. Vic found some conferences that are coming up in April (Toronto). I may go for a few days to immerse myself. I feel that life is just getting back to normal after teacher training, but life as normal is so much better now! Yea!!!

No comments: