Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hmmmm, nice day to garden

A pic of a sunset that we enjoyed last night. How gorgeous.
I should correct myself, I actually pulled weeds and trimmed everything. I managed to finish my planting yesterday so all my annuals are in. My perennials are really blossoming. Gardening was my first real joy in life, followed by cooking, my husband, antiquing, then my kids, then yoga. I still have special affection for all my "attachments," especially the human ones. My flower children are my most forgiving, as I have not been as attentive lately. Oh if they could talk..."she forgot to water us, when is she going to put more humus and manure on us, why are all these weeds soaking up our water.?" My families long term goal is to have some land and a small "farm" actually a goat to eat the grass and chickens to eat the bugs in the gardens. I love animals and would love to have some space to let the dogs run wild. Green Acres...hmm...interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... that's so pretty.
It would be a great pic for your blog title photo...would be more personalized and authentic. Just a thought.

I'm with you on the coffee thing. I gave it up recently because my kidney/lower back would hurt during yoga if I had drank coffee anytime that day. It took me awhile to find the connection, but once I quit there was no more kidney pain.

Nice catching up with your blog.
Yoga just becomes a way of life, doesn't it? I could never stop. It's just...my practice. Forever i think. My husband goes with me now too.

Take care.
Jen