Wednesday, February 4, 2009

270 posts

Wow, I was excited when I hit 100 posts. Time and life keep coming at me and I'm just soaking it all in. I am really pleased with the energy I feel in my classes (the ones I teach and take). I really connect with this healing, restorative quality that we generate in our practice. We use it to connect at a deeper level, I think this quality is really lacking in modern day society. Years ago we hung out at mall all day on Saturday. We interacted with other people on a face to face basis. Kids today text and im each other in cryptic abbreviations. People plug their ears with their earbuds and ignore everyone around them, all sounds and signs of life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my IPod, but never wear it like an invisible shield to interaction. Make a point of making eye contact with as many people as you can, smile and acknowledge them. Lessen your attachment to seclusion and reach out to share more happiness with others.

No comments: