Monday, May 18, 2009

Learn about yourself

When is the last time you really thought about why you do the things you do? This question really hit me today as I was in class today. Why I drive 40 minutes to take a class, why I can now not drink coffee and not want it. Introspection and self evaluation are valuable tools that we have to learn to break down our patterns and habits. I absolutely love taking classes and need to fit a few more in per week. My home practice always leads to arm balances and not enough of the postures that I have difficulty with. It is so important to have a teacher to lead you on your journey of self exploration. This teacher can be yourself in the form of journaling and looking back at events and how you processed them. It could be reflecting on difficulties with a trusted friend or family member. Discover ways to look inward not outward for happiness and a greater understanding of why you are who you are.

No comments: