Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring cleaning part 2!

I spent the better part of the past two days clearing out and re-organizing my boys rooms and the guest bedroom. After multiple failed attempts on their parts to try to clean their rooms, I stepped in. I flippantly decided to swap out Garrett's small room with the roomier guest bedroom. I've had this idea for a while as when we moved in 7 years ago, he was a tiny 18 month old. A small room was cozy and adequate. Fast forward 7 years and add 30 pounds of toys and we had a mess on our hands. This gave me a opportunity to sort through, lean out and generally purge the contents of his closet and toy bins. I am happy to say that it is finally done, the rooms are spotless and he is a very happy camper in his new "fancy room." Alex's room on the other hand is a big room and a bigger mess! We finished his last night and I have a good feeling that the next time that I ask him to clean his room, he will oblige. My room rounded out the cleaning spree, so the upper level is all set.

So after all that moving (beds, mattresses, dressers, bookshelves, etc), vacuuming, dusting, mopping and scrubbing I am exhausted! After all, if I am going to move furniture, I have to clean it and all round it. Always an opportunist!

My class schedule is light this week due to Easter Vacation and I have to be honest, it is nice to get a little break to tackle big projects like the one I just finished.

We spent a nice family day in Ann Arbor on Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market, Kerry Town, Treasure Mart, all up and down Main Street and to all our favorite stores. We had a nice lunch and then a trip to the bookstore and Whole Foods.

I checked out a stack of vegan and vegetarian cookbooks and will mull over them for a few days to extract the best recipes. If something looks good, I'll post it.

No comments: