Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A wonderful first day!

The kids loved going back to school, they like their teachers and the mix of kids in their classes. All is good! I made a really awesome salad for dinner, I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I ran into a fellow mom at pick-up time who came to some classes I taught at LTF a while ago. We discussed her desire to loose weight and to regain tone in her stomach after having 4 kids. I encouraged her to watch what she ate (told her about not eating the white stuff {white flour and sugar, hydrogenated fats and high fructose corn syrup} and colorings and preservatives) and to do a good blend of workouts. I haven't seen her in a while and was shocked to see that she lost 44 pounds. When I asked her what she did, she replied "I stopped eating the white stuff." I am so proud of her, she looked amazing. More importantly, her health will be positively impacted by avoiding the white stuff and other junk in our diets.

No comments: