Monday, September 22, 2008

Meditation weekend

I went to my first teacher training this past Wednesday. We went on a noble silence meditation retreat from Friday at 8pm to Sunday at 9am. We sat in meditation for 14+hours and made no eye contact, gestures or speech for 36 hours. The stillness and sense of peace, and openness were undeniable. I wish everyone could experience this. It was like all the layers of defenses were peeled away, lack of comfort, companionship, food, laughter, happiness, ego, sleep, worked to break one down to a primal level, allowing the mind to open, broaden. I maintain this sense of calmness and restfulness that is very liberating. During mass at church I could focus so much better and not get distracted. Every word meant so much more and went deeper into my mind.

No comments: