Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Monster cookies

I made gigantic chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I had contractors working on the house and my boys love a great cookie after school with a big glass of milk, so I made them. I ate 1/4 of one for lunch today, and felt pretty bad because of the sugar but I had no lunch and was starving (Garrett's field trip included a lunch at the park and I wasn't informed, so I was unprepared!). They are so good it should be a crime! My friend Kelly was sitting with us noticed the cookie and asked for the recipe so here goes:

Feel free to share this recipe, just give me credit as I developed the recipe.

I use all organic ingredients , or as much a possible, so I don't put "organic" in front of every item.

preheat oven to 375

In the bowl of a electric mixer, cream the following:
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 c brown sugar

Sweet dairy whey can be used to substitute part of the sugar, it's from Bob's Red mill
1 stick of unsalted butter
1T vanilla,
BUY the best you can afford...it is well worth it! Nielsen Massey is my favorite, although not organic, it is fabulous.

Stop mixer and scrape down sides then add:
2 eggs
1T almond extract
, the best is Simply Organic..it smells so good I could wear it as perfume!~
mix well then add:

Please sift these together first:
1c oats that are pulverized in the blender
1 c whole oats
1 c All Purpose flour
1 c golden flax seed meal
1/2 c c raw wheat germ
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt ( I use sea salt or ground kosher)
mix until blended but not too much

add: 6 oz milk chocolate chips and 6 oz semi -sweet (each 6 oz portion is 1/2 a bag)
1/4 c white chocolate chips
1c chopped walnuts
1/2 c sliced almonds


Mix well and using large scoop,place 4 on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
They weigh 4 ounces (4 inches across and an inch high) each and are nice and soft in the middle.

CRUCIAL step: do not over bake!! They should be golden brown and just set on top. They will be dry if over baked.

Enjoy! Share one with a friend!

No comments: