Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dalai Lama

My sister and I had a wonderful day today! We attended a lecture on happiness, compassion and the causes of suffering. The basic position that the Dalai Lama took was that we are able to control and choose our suffering, much of it related to choices we make and our desires polluting our ability to be still and empty. We shopped at our favorite galleries and stores in downtown Ann Arbor and went to lunch. We went to 16 Hands and Peaceable kingdom, Crazy Wisdom book store and a shop that I forget the name of that sells rocks, jewellery and the like. I got some Amber earrings, Tibetan prayer flags, a foot reflexology card, incense and a sage bundle to purify my home. The best part of the day was being able to enjoy time with my big sis.

Namaste~Tricia

No comments: