Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Free Tibet Info

A friend and I had a discussion after class today about the crisis in Tibet and she requested info on how to help. This organization provides assistance to Tibetans, including children who are forced to make a dangerous crossing from Tibet through the high mountain passes of the Himalayas to Nepal, where they then seek refuge in India. I've always prayed for peace and "felt" bad about this situation, but I didn't really take enough action. I received a letter from this organization after I purchased tickets to see the Dalai Lama. They requested any size of donation and gave two cards that were illustrated by children who were forced to leave their homes and families. It really hit hard. I just sat and cried, my heart (that of a mother) broke as I thought of the hardship that these children endured. We always focus on the politics of a situation but never the ones who suffer. Live a life full of generosity and thankfulness.

http://www.savetibet.org/ or International Campaign for Tibet
P.O. Box 910
Oxon Hill, MD 20750-0910

Donations are tax deductible

Namaste~ Tricia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Trish! This is a cause worth supporting! The Tibetans are a very spiritual people and don't desrve what happened to them! I am drawing a parallel in my mind with what happened to our own Native American peoples not so long ago...The Tibetans are holders of ancient mysteries which are important and very spiritually advanced. I found a book to share with you about their culture in the mosnasteries of Lhasa before the communist Chinese takeover called The Third Eye by Lobsang Rampa who was a friend and Monk of the Dalai Lama's in the Potala before it was destroyed. It'll give you an insiders perspective on the tragedy. We'll miss you on Good Friday... Happy Easter!
Your grateful student~ Lani