Friday, February 29, 2008

New challenge

Last weeks challenge was to improve or expand on all of the prior challenges that you participated in, just a little more! Conservation in addition to recycling is one way to expand and grow. Open yourself to recognize opportunities, look for ways to take your focus off yourself and reach out to others.

My sister and I are going to see the Dali Lama speak in Ann Arbor on April 19th at 10am. Tickets are still available at Ticket Master.

This week's challenge is to share your growth with someone. I ran into another mom from my kids school yesterday at Kroger. We worked on some projects together and I consider her a friend. When I started taking yoga classes in October 2005, and felt an improvement I shared this with her. She told me of her chronic back pain as of a result of bad fall. She gained 80 pounds! I encouraged her to try yoga at Lifetime. With my background working in physical rehabilitation at U of M, I frankly told her that she needed to loose the weight. She agreed and told me that she would work on it and then come to yoga. She changed her diet, took aqua classes at LTF and lost the 80 pounds and has kept it off for 1 year! She looks amazing and has much less pain and more energy! I invited her to my class, she said she was ready! Stories like this make me so proud of the power we have to encourage others.

No comments: