Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A good day for Chicken soup!

Both boys are home sick today! I caught whatever cold Alex has, so I feel just lovely! I'm making a big pot of chicken soup, with a whole head of garlic! I finally got the Christmas lights on the outside of the house, and almost all the shopping done! Find my chicken soup recipe onthe Nov 9th posting.

I made a batch of almond crescent cookies, we ate the whole batch in 2 days! The recipe is really easy, here it is:


2 sticks unsalted butter
2/3 cups sifted powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1 T almond extract
1 1/3 c finely chopped almonds
2 1/2 c sifted all-purpose flour

preheat oven to 350, line baking sheet with parchment.
Cream butter and 2/3 cup of sugar until fluffy.
Beat in extract, then add almonds. Stir in flour and beat until well mixed.

Roll into crescent shapes about 2" long and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and roll in powdered sugar.

No comments: